WHO AM I ?
1. Some consider me to be the most famous Mathematician of all time. Others scoff at this suggestion.
4. I lived in the nineteenth century.
5. I discovered an algorithm to calculate what day of the week any date would be.
6. I lectured in Mathematics at Oxford University.
7. I created logic problems where you had to make a conclusion from the clues given.
All puddings are nice.
This dish is a pudding.
No nice things are wholesome.
8. I invented “Doublets” or “Word Ladder Puzzles”, where you change one word into another by changing one letter at a time. For example, change MICE into RATS:
Now can you change FOUR into FIVE?
9. I wrote a 6 x 6 square poem:
10. I wrote a novel that became very famous. “At the start of the book I sent my heroine down a rabbit hole….without the least idea about what would happen afterwards“.
I am Charles ………………….
[If you know, don’t give the answer away, but perhaps leave another clue]