Call into our Maths staffroom at lunchtime and you will often find 3 or 4 crazy teachers playing liar’s dice! We start the game by each rolling 5 dice in a concealed location.
A lot of people know about the game Liar’s Dice from the movie “Pirates of the Carribean”.
The basic rules are:
1. All players roll and hide their dice.
2. An opening bid is made.
3. Players in turn raise the bid until a challenge is made.
4. If the challenger is wrong they lose a die, otherwise the challenged player does.
We have a few extra local rules:
5. Ones are wild unless bid by the first player.
6. Each bid must be higher than the last according to the times tables:
eg1 4 fours (16) is a higher bid than 5 threes (15)
eg2 6 fives (30) is a higher bid than 5 sixes (30), because it involves more dice.
Is this purely a game of chance? We think not. After playing many games “Collo” is our undisputed champion!