Games that engage student have (from my experience) a balance of skill and luck. All students should believe that they have a chance of winning. The game should involve a number of choices to be made. So here is the board and rules for “Dominotion”.
1. Ten dominoes are drawn (one at a time) from a double-15 set.
2. Players place each pair of numbers on the board. They may be horizontal or vertical with the two numbers in either order.
3. Eight dominoes are placed on the grid and two dominoes are discarded.
4. Each row and column is scored (eight scores).
5. The winner has the highest total.
The game board: domination.pdf
What strategies would you use? What is a good score? Any feedback would be appreciated.